JCHGS Publications List
Free will donation accepted
(limited quantity on some items)
1. Original Land Owners, Delaware Trust Land
Land sales of 1856 to 1857. Contains both alphabetic sort and land description sort of each owner. Loose leaf
notebook. 56 pages.
2. Original Land Owners, Delaware Reserve Land
These lands (SE part of Co) were purchased by individuals from the Kansas Pacific/Union RR, mostly between 1867 and 1880. Contains both alphabetic sort and land description sort of each owner. Loose leaf notebook. 40 pages.
3. Some births in Jefferson Co. 1892-1900 and 1902-1910
State birth records do not start until July 1911. These are the only known county birth records that exist prior to 1911.
Information was obtained from two books kept by the county health officer. Many births were not reported, but about 2
2,890 births are listed. Loose leaf notebook, 117 pages, includes sort by “mother’s name”.
4. Births attended by Dr. McCreight, 1894 - 1931
Lists 755 births, father’s name and some mother’s maiden names, number of children for that mother. Does not list the
5. 1885 Jefferson County State Census Index Every Name
18,000 people listed by name, age, state of birth, where from to Kansas occupation, if shown and location of census
6. 1875 Jefferson County State Census Index Every Name
11,000 people listed by name, age, state of birth, where from to Kansas occupation, if shown and location of census
7. 1865 Jefferson County State Census Index Every Name
Listed by name, age, state of birth, where from to Kansas occupation, if shown and location of census schedule, etc.
8. Annals of Oskaloosa 1854 - 1886. Reprint 2003. Originally compiled by Frank H. and John Robers from old files of
Oskaloosa Independent. An “every name” index has been added to find family references in chronologically arranged
information. Loose leaf notebook. 73 pages.
9. Annals of Oskaloosa-Supplement 1886 -1888
The extraction of information was continued by Mr. Robers, but was not included in the original issue of Annals of
Oskaloosa. These extractions are reprinted from Oskaloosa Independent 1941 to 1942. Loose leaf notebook. 22 pages.
10. Jefferson Co. High School Graduates (1886 - 2002)
Includes records of 18,338 graduates from 12 different high schools. 303 pages in three sections. Loose leaf notebook.
11. Divorce filings and some other legal family proceedings
1855 - 1899 Alphabetic listing of case filings from the Civil Court cases that appear to be divorces. 11 pages. 500
12. Jefferson Co Marriage Records 1855 - 1930.
Loose leaf notebook. 453 pages. CD available.
Back issues, published twice a year April 1980 to Present.
14. Winchester Newspaper Index
Compiled by Raymond Riley of all births, deaths, marriages, wedding anniversaries, etc listed in Winchester papers.
1. Volume 1 171 pages. 1877 - 1899
2. Volume 2 167 pages 1900 - 1912
3. Volume 3 164 pages 1913-1922
15. Hardcover Standard Atlas of Jefferson County 1887, 1899, 1916